The SPA Passport provides a cost-effective, industry-standard fast track to get contractors started on site.
* To provide basic information and areas of responsibility for health, safety and the environment
* To understand the implications of hazard recognition/risk assessment
and effects on individuals and the employer
* To demonstrate how individual behaviour can help reduce accidents.
On completion of the course delegates will have the knowledge to:
• Demonstrate their understanding of the subjects by successfully completing each module assessment paper
• Appreciate how they personally can influence good standards within within health, safety & the environment
• Understand the value of risk assessment and have the knowledge to
recognise when change to a generic assessment is required
• Understand the common hazards associated with work.
Will give delegates an understanding of:- the legal responsibilities of employers and employees, the role of enforcing authorities, what makes a vulnerable worker, hazard identification and control.
This module examines what makes a safe place of work, safe behaviour, hidden services and specific hazards, working at height, asbestos and confined spaces and permit-to-work.
The session will give delegates an understanding of the risks presented by both powered and non powered work equipment and the risks associated with the various forms of energy created. In addition the risks faced with the use of workplace transport.
The session highlights the risks and controls for substances hazardous to health together with other ill health risks from workplace activities, including musculoskeletal problems, effects of noise and stress. In addition candidates will be made aware of the varied precautions which can be taken.
Candidates will be shown the need and benefits of procedures, including: the importance of local emergency procedures and first aid arrangements.
The module covers current and future environmental requirements, safe storage and marking, waste control hierarchies and emergency planning in the event of problems.
Safety Pass Alliance Trinidad and Tobago (SPATT) Limited aims to work with employers, employees, contractors, employer associations, trade unions, stakeholders and other relevant bodies to design and develop training programmes tailored to suit each sector.